This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a casual weekend meal. It’s simple to prepare and packed with flavor. The pasta is perfectly complemented by the sautéed mushrooms, broccoli and garlic. To make this recipe even more delicious, we added a cashew sauce that is rich, creamy and slightly nutty which makes the dish a must-try for vegans and non-vegans alike. This recipe is also gluten-free if you use gluten-free pasta. It’s a hearty, comforting and healthy meal that everyone will love!
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic until softened.
- Add mushrooms and broccoli, and cook until mushrooms release their moisture and broccoli is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the cashew sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, bouillon cube, nutritional yeast, and water. Blend until smooth.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the cashew sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and top with chopped chives.
Nutritional information for this recipe:
This recipe is a great option for a quick and easy dinner that’s packed with flavor and nutrition. The combination of pasta, sautéed mushrooms, broccoli and garlic, and cashew sauce creates a delicious and satisfying meal. The cashew sauce is a great vegan alternative to traditional creamy sauces, and it gives the dish a richness and nuttiness that complements the other flavors nicely. Whether you’re looking for a weeknight dinner or a casual weekend meal.