- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional, for color)
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, salt, and turmeric (if using). Blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and heat it over low heat until it is warm.
- Use the sauce immediately, or let it cool and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This vegan cashew sauce is a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional cheese sauces made with dairy products. It is perfect for pasta dishes, dips, and more. You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding more or less water as needed. Enjoy!